I received the following inquiry into benchmarking systems thinking “….we adopted systems thinking in 2005….and would like to visit organisations that have integrated systems thinking approaches within their work…..for benchmarking purposes”.
My immediate gut reaction on benchmarking systems thinking was: Sharing experiences, yes! Benchmarking, no!
On deeper reflection, the following came to mind:
– fragmentation of systems thinking
– benchmarking per se is unsystemic
– benchmarking and worldview
– benchmarking systemic structures and praxis
– benchmarking action learning projects
– pioneers have no peers.