Learn the basics of systems thinking and how to apply them to systemic problem solving; learn about the systemic development of a project, function, organisation and societal system
Learn how to design, evaluate and implement projects systemically
Learn how to redesign any business or functional unit as an efficient process within a supply and value chain
Learn how to transform your organisation into a systemic learning organisation that is wired for ongoing learning and change, based on a three-dimensional matrix structure and a systemic organisational culture
Learn how to dissolve complex problems in the public domain through involving stakeholders in ideal system redesign, including systemic public policy, industry supply chain and private – public sector partnership design
learn to view the world and solve problems systemically
apply generic principles of organisation, frameworks, methods and tools for systemic organisation and business development, derived from Biomatrix Systems Theory
stakeholder participation and alignment
involve stakeholders throughout the programme
design and implement your own change interventions guided by our systemic frameworks
action learning based
learn by applying the theory in a practical context, guided by templates
transfer knowledge into the organisation
biomatrix development programmes
All Biomatrix Development Programmes are action learning programmes designed in a modular fashion.
They consist of three phases:
The delegates study four modules through individual e-learning or in a workshop setting.
The first two modules are concerned with basic management education in system thinking and are the same for all four programmes, the last two are programme specific.
action learning projects
The delegates form teams and apply the learning to their case study: depending on the type of programme this is a project, function, their organisation as a whole or a societal issue. They
- conduct a survey or facilitate an on-line Jam to identify problems related to their case study and brainstorm solutions
- make a draft redesign of the case study (based on the output generated by the individual assignments, survey or Jam, as well as generic principles of systems organisation)
- make a draft implementation plan for the redesign
- make a change management design and a plan how the redesign should be facilitated.
The teams use the designs and plans made during the action learning phase as basis for involving stakeholders in reviewing and amending them. They
- facilitate a Jam / survey iteration with stakeholders
- finalise the ideal design through design iterations with stakeholders
- finalise implementation planning
- facilitate implementation
- monitor the progress of the intervention and its outcomes and make changes, if necessary.
BiomatrixWeb provides support throughout the delivery of the programme.
The following are just some of the benefits brought about by the programmes:
- the client organisation itself drives the change intervention
- the knowledge is transferred into the organisation, ensuring that the change intervention is sustainable
- the intervention design considers the larger organisational, industrial and environmental context
- the system becomes wired for ongoing learning and development, based on generic systemic organising principles
- problems throughout the system and in interaction with stakeholders are identified and dissolved
- a cadre of systems experts – who understand systemic problem dissolving, management and governance and apply this in their own sphere of influence – is created
- organisational culture changes to support systemic problem dissolving, ideal design and synergistic stakeholder interaction
- stakeholders are engaged and become aligned
- the creativity of the members of the system is enhanced
- innovation and organisational learning occur.
biomatrix management education courses
The individual e-learning components of the development programmes are available as systemic management education courses.
They are available to corporate academies and universities. The project course is also available to individual clients.
The first two modules are the same for all four courses and are concerned with basic management education in system thinking. The last two modules are course specific.
The delegates gain a cutting edge systemic education in the selected area.